Christmas Ensemble Classics Volume 1 from Musical Contexts is a flexible classroom ensemble performing pack featuring accessible and playable arrangements of five well-known Christmas songs in Melody, Chords and Bass Line format, ideal for both Secondary/KS3 and Primary/KS2 music classrooms.
Each of the five flexible arrangements comes with 10 Performing Sheets and Scores:
- Melody part with lyrics and chord letters (with and without note names)
- Chords part with chord letters, chord names (e.g. Chord I, Chord IV etc.) and colour-coded Primary Chords (with and without note names)
- Bass Line part (with and without note names)
- Full Score (with and without note names)
- B flat and E flat Melody parts for transposing instruments
The arrangements are designed to be flexible enough to perform on a range of classroom instruments, for example the Melody part can be played on keyboards, pitched chromatic percussion instruments – glockenspiels, xylophones, metallophones, chime bars etc. – as well as pupil’s own instruments and, of course, sung! Chords can be played on guitars, ukuleles or keyboards and Bass Line parts on bass guitars, keyboards or pitched percussion.
Christmas Ensemble Classics Volume 1 is a flexible, practical and invaluable Christmas music resource that can be used year after year. You could include arrangements within a "Christmas Band Skills" unit, or use arrangements as part of a "Christmas Battle of the Bands" challenge over one or more music lessons on the busy approach to Christmas.
Christmas Ensemble Classics Volume 1 is available to download upon purchase as a ZIP file containing the separate Christmas Song arrangements as .pdf files: ideal for 'print, play and go!'
Christmas Ensemble Classics Volume 1
- Frosty the Snowman
- Jingle Bells
- Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- Walking in the Air ("The Snowman")
- White Christmas